Used to operate in hostile environments
Already during our previous work for government security agencies, we have operated alone and in small teams within hostile environments - similar to NGOs and journalists. We therefore know your operating context first-hand, which is very different from military operations. Many incidents that are part of the training we have experienced ourselves.
- Former founder and head of the the HEAT training department of a federal German governmental security agency (for six years).
- Lived several years in Africa.
- Operational experience in numerous conflict regions, including Libya, DR Congo, Nigeria, Yemen, Iraq, and Pakistan.
- Many years of experience as a crisis response consultant for special risk insurers in cases of kidnaps, extortions and evacuations from hostile environments.
- Former member of a federal German governmental security agency who lived for several years in a war zone.
- Stayed for several years in Peru during the peak of the terror organisation Shining Path.
- Operational experience in numerous conflict zones, including, among others, Venezuela, Iraq and the Ukraine.
- Several years of experience in crisis response to kidnaps, extortions and non-medical evacuations.
- Former military officer and conduct after capture/hostage survival instructor for diplomates and special forces
- Embedded security advisor for journalists and media organisations in the Middle East and the Ukraine
- Lived several years in Russia, Afghanistan and Iraq
- Operational experience in several countries with an elevated risk level, like Nigeria, Angola and Syria
- Internationally active for many years as a trainer in hostile environment awareness training courses (HEAT) for media, NGOs and corporate clients
- Former member of the medic platoon of the German Special Forces (KSK).
- Operational experience in several security critical countries.
- Embedded security advisor and medic for NGOs, journalists and media organisations inside the Ukraine.
- Instructor for First Aid and tactical emergency care for different aid organisations.
- Active duty as paramedic and flight medic.
- Former commissioned officer with the German special forces (KSK) as commander of an operational platoon and in a leadership function within the Special Force Training Centre.
- Former Head of Security & Crisis Management for a major EU field mission in Afghanistan.
- Many years of experience as security advisor for international NGOs and corporate clients.
- Since more than 10 years active as a crisis response consultant with experience in criminal and terrorist kidnaps as well as extortions
- Commissioned reserve officer within the Field HUMINT Teams with operational deployments to Afghanistan and Kosovo.
- Regular business trips to countries like DR Congo, Liberia, Nigeria and Brazil.
- Trainer for travel security awareness and hostage survival for NGOs and corporate clients.
To learn more about our Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) click here.